Daily Report for July 2, 2014
• Monday: Donna Curry, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Thomas Weber, Ottawa.
• Monday: Les Maupin, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Georgia Penn, Garnett; Catherine Spooner, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:42 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South Maple Street, Robert Reed, 38, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:46 a.m. Monday, 600 block of South Locust Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa man reported a 30-year-old Ottawa woman violated a protection order. Emily E. Bailey later was arrested in connection with the incident.
• 5:54 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Cypress Street, Brandon Smith, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of transporting an open container.
• 5:39 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Dustin Crawford, 27, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:57 a.m. Monday, 500 block of Monroe Street, a 64-year-old Pomona man reported someone damaged the locked gas cap on his vehicle and siphoned gasoline from the tank. Total loss was estimated at $72.
• 11:42 a.m. Monday, 400 block of Kingman Road, a 66-year-old Quenemo woman reported a known person opened a credit card account using her personal information. The case is being investigated.
Police Department News
• 9:25 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of South Main Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect cut his vehicle tires.
• 9:32 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of West Fourth Street, David Bird, 33, Ottawa, was cited for harboring a vicious animal after his dog was reported to have bitten a known 6-year-old Ottawa girl.
• 5:14 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Locust Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa man reported items were stolen from his residence.
• 1:57 a.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported known suspects stole items from the store.
• 10:25 a.m. Tuesday, Sonic Drive-In, 1535 South Main Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect drove off without paying for food.
• 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Cedar Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his unsecured bicycle from his yard.
• 10:40 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Lincoln Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of items from her vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 200 block of East Sixth Street, suspicious activity; 1000 block of Poplar Street, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 23rd Street and Pleasant Valley Road, assist other agency.
• Saturday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; I-35 at milepost 198, motorist assist; 200 block of East Sixth Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 100 block of Walnut Street, juvenile activity; 200 block of Meadowbrook, fireworks complaint.
• Monday: 700 Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Hunt Avenue, disturbance; 600 block of Pine Street, trespass complaint.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Main Street, suspicious activity, 200 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; Meadowbrook and Elm streets, fireworks complaint; 800 block of Main Street, civil matter; 200 block of Downey Drive, fireworks complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:52 a.m. Friday, 925 W. Seventh St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 19 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.