Daily Report for July 10, 2013
• Monday: Sherry Hiles, Ottawa; Shirley Mance, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Sherry Sawin, Princeton.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:35 a.m. Monday, Wyandotte County Jail, Christopher Morrison, 28, Kansas City, Kan., on a Franklin County warrant for a probation violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:09 a.m. Monday, 500 block of East Third Street, Tammy Petersen, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 2:55 a.m. Tuesday, Love’s Travel Stop, 203 E. 27th St., Darren Withrow, 52, Citrus Heights, Calif., on suspicion he battered a known 51-year-old Carmichael, Calif., woman, according to a police report.
• 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, 2800 block of I-35, Gerrardo Lopez, 38, Owatonna, Minn., on a Minnesota Department of Corrections warrant after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 3:43 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, Bobbi Jo Ledom, 32, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:55 p.m. Tuesday, 2666 I-35, Jerry Scafe, 37, Independence, Mo., on suspicion of driving with a suspended driver’s license and no insurance after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:36 a.m., 3700 block of U.S. 59, a 32-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects broke into two storage units during the night. Damage to the units was estimated at $750. Nothing was taken from the first unit, but it was unclear if anything had been stolen from the second unit because a deputy was not able to make contact with the owner, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 9:45 a.m. Monday, 3600 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2013 Subaru Outback driven by Louis Pluymaekers, 56, Overland Park, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer.
• 11:46 a.m. Monday, 2900 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a deputy found a vehicle driven by Eric Davis, 34, Kansas City, Mo., in the ditch, according to a sheriff’s report. Davis said a vehicle slowed in front of him and he had to go into the ditch to avoid hitting it, the report said. Damage was estimated to be less than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 3:33 p.m. Monday, Ottawa Law Enforcement Center, 715 W. Second St., a 28-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was being stalked by a known man.
• 2:55 Tuesday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, a 71-year-old Monrovia, Calif., man reported damage and theft of items from a residence.
• 8:59 a.m. Tuesday, Ninth and Willow streets, a 2000 Ford driven by Estel Jones, 91, Ottawa, was eastbound on Ninth Street when it struck a 1997 Chevrolet driven by Joyce McKenzie, 65, Ottawa, at the corner of Ninth and Willow streets. Jones was cited for disobeying a stop sign, according to a police report.
• 5:37 p.m. Tuesday, First and Hickory streets, a 2004 Cadillac driven by Justin Priest, 39, Lawrence, struck a 2007 KIA driven by Jamie Hodge, 18, Ottawa. Priest was cited for disobeying a stop sign, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• July 4: 4600 block of Stafford Terrace, assist outside agency; 600 block of Oak Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 500 block of East Fourth Street, public assist; 200 block of West Fifth Street, recovered property; 600 block of East Sixth Street, traffic complaint; 600 block of Walnut Street, traffic complaint.
• Friday: 4700 block of Thomas Road, assist outside agency; I-35 at milepost 199, assist outside agency; 900 block of East Ninth Terrace, burglary report.
• Saturday: 500 block of Main Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Meadowbrook Lane, recovered property.
• Sunday: I-35 and K-33, public assist; 400 block of Locust Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Maple Street, assist outside agency.
• Monday: 400 block of Poplar Street, traffic complaint.
• Tuesday: 500 block of East First Street, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:26 a.m. Monday, 609 N. Hickory St., investigated a possible natural gas leak.
• 8:39 p.m. Monday, 1228 S. Willow St., investigated a possible natural gas leak.
• 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, 334 N. Main St., responded to a motorcycle fire, which caused an estimated $300 damage, according to the report.
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 4:22 p.m. Tuesday, 4452 I-35, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 8:41 p.m. Tuesday, Allen Road and Missouri Terrace, Richmond firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 9:52 p.m. Tuesday, 1008 Labette Terrace, Pomona firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Monday.