Daily Report for Aug. 2, 2013
• Thursday: Henry Foster, Osage City; Elia Martinez, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: John Kunard, Vassar.
• Thursday: Edna Adams, Williamsburg; Henry Foster, Osage City; Nastasia Hollon, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Baby boy, 6 pounds, 13 ounces, to Elia and Carlos Martinez, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:33 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Justin J. Criqui, 31, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:41 a.m. Wednesday, 1523 S. Main St., Jessica Currant, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin Couunty civil warrant.
• 4:03 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., James Pendergrass, 28, Kansas City, Kan., on a Franklin County warrant.
• 7:58 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of South Beech Street, a 15-year-old Shawnee girl, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:51 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Princeton Street, Jessica Currant, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 12:46 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Osage Drive, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy, on a Franklin County District Court order.
• 5 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Lisa Krout, 28, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:32 p.m. Thursday, 513 S. Cedar St., Stephen Duvall, 39, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:11 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 15-year-old Gardner girl, on a Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 4:11 p.m. Wednesday, Nebraska Terrace and Thomas Road, a 64-year-old Baldwin City man reported that his field in the 4700 block of Nebraska Terrace was damaged by someone “farming it” in a pickup truck, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 6:41 a.m. Thursday, 1800 block of I-35, a 66-year-old Overland Park man reported criminal damage to a vending machine and theft at the southbound rest area on I-35. Damage was estimated at $513.
• 1:59 p.m. Thursday, 3950 block of I-35, a 56-year-old Ottawa woman reported that at some point during the last three years an unknown person entered her garage and stole appliances valued at $6,000 from her garage.
Police Department News
• 10:12 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Sycamore Street, Calvin Wilson, 61, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court after his canine bit a 20-year-old Gardner man, according to a police report.
• 6:26 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of West 15th Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known man.
• 12:34 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of East 27th Street, a 43-year-old Bristow, Okla., woman reported she was battered by a known man.
• 1:55 p.m. Wednesday, Ferrell Gas, 800 block of North Locust Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole brass pipe fittings.
• 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 34-year-old Wellsville man reported the forgery of three checks.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 100 block of Locust Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; milepost 198, I-35, public assist; 300 block of Hunt Street, hit-and-run incident; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
• Wednesday: Milepost 197, I-35, assist outside agency; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Downey Street, 911 hang up; 200 block of East Sixth Street, suspicious activity.
• Thursday: 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 3500 block of K-33, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:38 a.m. Wednesday, 1614 S. Willow St., authorized controlled burning
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.