Daily Report for August 4, 2014
• Friday: Linda Clouse.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:55 a.m. Friday, 1400 block of South Main Street, an Ottawa juvenile suspect on a Franklin County warrant for a probation violation.
• 8:32 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of Madison Street, Robert Wright, 44, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 11:06 p.m. Saturday, 3662 I-35, Cuong Ly, 26, Overland Park, and Huy Ly, 18, Olathe, were arrested on suspicion of fleeing and eluding after they attempted to flee from a traffic stop.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:11 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of South Cedar Street, Alina Hibbs, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while her license was suspended.
• 2:21 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of West Seventh Street, Luis Morales, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and no driver’s license.
• 1:01 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of South Cedar Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and no driver’s license after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 3:57 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of North Main Street, Nicholas Parrott, 24, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence after he was found intoxicated and walking in the roadway.
• 7:55 p.m. Sunday, Canterbury Drive, Robert Lee Chambers II, 29, Ottawa, and Theresa Evelyn Maher, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• 10:18 p.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Main Street, John Coleman Marcoux Gavel, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and underage consumption after being stopped for a traffic violation.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:26 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of Rock Creek Road, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported damage to her residence. The damage was estimated at $250.
• 1:57 p.m. Saturday, 4152 I-35, a 2007 Buick Lacrosse driven by Chira Smith, 30, Grandview, Missouri, was northbound on I-35 near milepost 195 when a tire blowout caused her to lose control of the vehicle and it struck a guardrail.
• 10:38 p.m. Saturday, 4452 I-35, a 2005 Honda Civic driven by Amanda Jajdelski, 28, Ottawa, was northbound in the 4400 block of I-35 when she swerved to keep from getting hit by another vehicle and the Civic struck a guardrail.
• 12:42 a.m. Sunday, Labette Terrace and Arkansas Terrace, a 1998 Dodge Dakota driven by Daniel Mathias Jr., 21, Pomona, was traveling in the 300 block of Labette Terrace when he lost control of the vehicle and it struck a tree. Mathias was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, with possible injuries.
Police Department News
• 12:23 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of his wallet.
• 1:24 p.m. Friday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, a 75-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole some tools.
• 12:05 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported two subjects stole property.
• 3:58 p.m. Saturday, 1400 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Dakota Tucker, 16, Princeton, struck a vehicle driven by Allen Mauslein, 62, Olathe. Tucker was cited with following too close.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 1000 block of Poplar Street, suspicious activity.
• Saturday: I-35 at milepost 196, assist other agency; 4400 Texas Road, assist other agency.
• Sunday: I-35 at milepost 200, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, citizen complaint.