Daily Report for Aug. 7, 2013
• Monday: Alvin Crawford, Ottawa; Linda Seitz, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Henry Foster, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 1:29 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, John Wayner-Willford Walton, 22, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:35 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Eisenhower Road, a 59-year-old Princeton woman reported she has had several pieces of jewelry taken from her home in the past couple of months, according to a sheriff’s report. Loss was estimated at $910.
• 10:13 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of Taylor Street, a 61-year-old man reported an unknown suspect stole a 5-foot-long piece of cedar wood from his front yard. The piece of cedar had the man’s last name carved into it and was valued at $50, the report said.
• 7:58 a.m. Tuesday, 2056 I-35, a 2005 Toyota Avalon driven by Gould Garcia, 80, Emporia, was eastbound in the 2000 block of I-35 when he fell asleep and the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck the center median, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 6:15 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of South Cypress Street, a 66-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm herself, according to a police report.
• 9:04 p.m. Monday, 1800 block of South Princeton Street, a 46-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 25-year-old Ottawa man battered her and damaged her property.
• 11:56 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of East Walton Street, multiple witnesses called in a residential fire which turned out to be to a vacant trailer, according to a police report. Ottawa Fire Department deemed the fire suspicious in nature and the case is under investigation, the report said.
• 7:45 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Lincoln Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his locked residence and stole items.
• Tuesday, no time given, Conoco, 2243 S. Princeton St., a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 25-year-old suspect defrauded the store of merchandise.
• 7:01 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East 11th Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his lawnmower from his yard.
• 6:26 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Poplar Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect cut his padlock and stole his motor scooter.
• 9:41 a.m. Monday, 600 block of South Hickory Street, a vehicle driven by Jessica Brockus, 29, Ottawa, was traveling in the 600 block of South Hickory Street when a 25-year-old male passenger exited the vehicle while it was moving, according to a police report. The passenger, Patrick Olsen, was transported by ambulance to Overland Park Regional Medical Center with a head injury. He was treated and released from the hospital Tuesday, a family acquaintance said.
• 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of North Locust Street, Brandon Walker, 20, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck his legally parked vehicle and left the scene, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, assist outside agency.
• Saturday: 500 block of West Fourth Street, medical call; 100 block of Main Street, assist outside agency.
• Sunday: No calls for service.
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, animal complaint.
• Tuesday: 4600 block of Vermont Terrace, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:55 p.m. Tuesday, South Olive and 15th streets, investigated a smoke odor.
• 8:01 p.m. Tuesday, 806 W. 13th St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 11:58 p.m. Tuesday, 821 E. Walton St., firefighters responded to a fire at a mobile home, which was fully engulfed when they arrived. No one was injured, and the structure was a total loss, according a fire department report. The cause of the fire still is under investigation.
• Firefighters assisted with 19 medical calls Monday and Tuesday.