Daily Report for August 22, 2014
• Wednesday: Charles Miller, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Tanis Silverhawk Gregg, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Mary Rhoades, Wellsville.
• Wednesday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 13 ounces, to Chasity Gochenour and Coby Pearson, Fontana.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:04 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Cole Kelsey, 33, Richmond, on a Franklin County warrant for a probation violation
Police Department Arrests
• 6:50 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of North Cherry Street, Miles McWhorter, 30, Pomona, and Karla Doty, 43, Wellsville, on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia and stolen property after being stopped for suspicious activity.
• 11:24 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa High School, 1120 S. Ash St., a 15-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of distribution of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, obstruction, and disorderly conduct. A 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and disorderly conduct. A 17-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. An 18-year-old Ottawa man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
• 8:18 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Sycamore Street, Jessica Kirkland, 27, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal damage to property of joint domestic interest.
Police Department News
• 1:54 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 24-year-old Ottawa man. The case is under investigation.
• 7:34 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of East Logan Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to his vehicle by a known man.
• 10:10 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of West 13th Street, Larry Hurlock, 71, Ottawa, was issued a notice to appear in municipal court on suspicion of striking a 26-year-old Ottawa woman.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 200 block of Main Street, public assist; Sixth and Main streets, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, 303 N. Main St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 10:16 p.m. Wednesday, 1701 S. Osage Drive, alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.