Daily Report for Aug. 28, 2013
• Tuesday: Frank Mance, Ottawa; Linda Shumate, Lawrence; Shirley Wilson, Ottawa.
• Baby boy, 7 pounds, 4 ounces, to Linda Shumate, Lawrence.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 4:52 p.m. Monday, 100 block of West Second Street, Corey Schlotzhauer, 26, Ottawa, on a Franklin County District Court warrant.
• 3:18 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of West Second Street, April Fox, 25, Osawatomie, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Police Department News
• 11:18 a.m. Monday, 200 block of South Willow Street, a 53-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making comments about harming himself.
• 8:44 p.m. Monday, 500 block of South Main Street, a 13-year-old Ottawa boy reported being threatened by a known suspect.
• 4:35 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Locust Street, a 60-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone broke into her residence and stole items.
• 11:01 a.m. Tuesday, Casey’s General Store, 940 N. Main St., a 34-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect used counterfeit money at the store to purchase items.
• 7:19 p.m. Monday, 1600 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Guadalupe Valez, 59, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Michelle Cantu, 30, Vassar. Valez was cited with failure to yield to an approaching vehicle while turning left, according to a police report.
• 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, Keokuk and North Main streets, a vehicle driven by Courtney Evans, 18, Ottawa, failed to stop at a red light and struck a vehicle driven by Justin Vogeler, 27, Ottawa, according to a police report. Evans was cited for disobeying a traffic signal.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 300 block of Main Street, hit and run accident; 200 block of Downey Street, suspicious activity report; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.