Daily Report for Aug. 30, 2013
• Wednesday: Mary Lu Burgoon, Ottawa; Betty Reeves, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Linda Shumate, Lawrence.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Nicholas Nichols, 22, Lawrence, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:01 a.m. Thursday, 600 block of North King Street, Brian Porter, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct after repeatedly being loud and profane in public, according to a police report.
Police Department News
• 8:01 a.m. Wednesday, Advantage Ford, 402 N. Main St., a 41-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown suspect damaged a vehicle.
• 9:37 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 37-year-old Baldwin City woman was taken into protective custody after incoherent behavior, according to a police report.
• 3:14 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Poplar Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was bit by a dog owned by a known 63-year-old Ottawa man.
• 9:28 a.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known suspect stole electronic equipment from the store.
• 3:50 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Elm Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her truck.
• 11:49 a.m. Thursday, Store-it-Safe, 1102 N. Main St., a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole the locked padlock off her storage unit and stole items from the unit.
• 3:47 p.m. Thursday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 53-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect used counterfeit money to purchase items at the store.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Sunday: 300 block of East Third Street, civil matter; I-35, milepost 185, assist outside agency; 600 block of Locust Street, motorist assist; 300 block of Main Street, theft report; 300 block of East Third Street, civil matter; 300 block of Elm Street, suspicious activity.
• Monday: I-35, milepost 200, assist outside agency; 100 block of Poplar Street, arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Ash Street, special assignment.
• Tuesday: 200 block of Ash Street, public assist; 500 block of Main Street, special assignment; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of East Fourth Street, civil matter; 300 block of Walnut Street, noise complaint; 300 block of Pendleton Avenue, animal complaint.
• Wednesday: 400 block of East Eighth Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 4400 block of K-33, assist outside agency; 400 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 600 block of West Fourth Street, 911 hangup; 700 block of South Main Street, public assist; 400 block of East Second Street, hit-and-run accident.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, 1116 N. Sycamore St., alarm system activated. No fire reported.
• 8:13 a.m. Wednesday, 713 E. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• 8:32 p.m. Wednesday, 800 S. Main St., Ottawa firefighters responded to a report of a fire in a dryer vent. Jeff Carner, Ottawa fire chief, said in an email the owner believed the fire had been extinguished but requested that the fire department respond to the scene to ensure the fire was out. Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire had been extinguished and there was no obvious damage from the incident, Carner said.
• Firefighters assisted with 18 medical calls Monday through Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to six medical calls Monday through Thursday.