Daily Report for Sept. 9, 2013
• Friday: Doris Brown, Ottawa; Alice Chambers, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Bertha Morgan, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Doris Brown, Ottawa; Marlene Ferguson, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:11 a.m. Thursday, 305 S. Main St., Amy Lynn Frost, 48, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:08 p.m. Thursday, 1300 block of South Main Street, Michael R. Harms, 23, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:42 p.m. Thursday, U.S. 59 and Rock Creek Road, Gage Amaya, 21, Garnett, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 12:31 a.m. Friday, 3900 block of Louisiana Road, William Fortin Jr., 29, and Victoria Everhart, 32, both of Ottawa, were arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after a reported physical altercation took place between them, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:59 p.m. Thursday, 12th and Cedar streets, Ashley Woltje, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, minor in possession of alcohol and transporting an open container after she was stopped for a traffic violation, according to a police report.
• 3:19 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Beau Clark, 31, Emporia, on suspicion of shoplifting.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:49 a.m. Sunday, 3700 block of Utah Road, sheriff’s deputies investigated reports of mailboxes damaged in the 3700 block of Utah Road. In addition, a 64-year-old Pomona man reported his mailbox was damaged in the 4100 block of Colorado Road. Sheriff’s deputies found a total of eight mailboxes with damage in the area, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:30 a.m. Saturday, 2100 block of U.S. 59, a 34-year-old Ottawa man reported items valued at $2,280 were taken from a storage unit.
Police Department News
• 4:47 p.m. Thursday, former Drivers Sports Cafe, 222 E. Logan St., a 47-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect had damaged a window.
• 9:17 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of North Poplar Street, Candice Gragg, 31, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court for harboring a vicious canine after her dog bit a 55 year-old Ottawa man, according to a police report.
• 3:04 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Willow Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect scratched her car.
• 12:24 a.m. Monday, 700 block of East Fifth Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa man reported he was battered and his residence was damaged by a known 25-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 2:38 p.m. Saturday, Stor-It-Safe, 1102 N. Main St., a 23-year-old Lawrence man reported someone stole items from a storage unit.
• 3:20 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Garnett woman reported two unknown suspects stole items from the store.
• 8:31 a.m. Sunday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect used her credit card online to purchase items.
• 11:18 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of North Birch Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked vehicle and stole items.
• 3:02 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of West Third Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole the temporary tag from her vehicle.
• Wednesday, no time given, 200 block of East Seventh Street, a vehicle driven by Chelcy Currant, 22, Ottawa, collided with a bicycle ridden by an 8-year-old Ottawa boy. No one was injured, according to a police report.
• 11:03 a.m. Sunday, 900 block of North Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Gloria Fritts, 72, Ottawa, struck a legally parked vehicle owned by Cleve Dent, 60, Ottawa. Fritts was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
• 8:44 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Willow Street, a 59-year-old Ottawa woman reported a theft from her residence.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 300 block of Walnut Street, disturbance.
• Friday: 500 block of East Seventh Street, burglary; 700 block of Maple Street, civil standby; 4600 block of K-33, assist outside agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, check welfare; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; I-35, milepost 201, assist outside agency.
• Saturday: 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 100 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 600 block of Main Street, special assignment; 600 block of East 10th Street, vehicle fire.
• Sunday: 200 block of Ash Street, criminal trespass.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 6:52 p.m. Thursday, 202 1/2 S. Main St., smoke detector activation, no fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 17 medical calls Wednesday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:35 p.m. Wednesday, 1780 I-35, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 6:43 p.m. Thursday, Cloud and Oregon roads, Richmond, Pottawatomie and Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:32 p.m. Thursday, East 10th and Poplar streets, Wellsville firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 9:03 p.m. Thursday, 1782 California Road, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to 10 medical calls Tuesday through Sunday.