Daily Report for Oct. 2, 2013
• Monday: Gloria Schroeder, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Janice Nichols, Ottawa.
• Monday: Shirley Mance, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Cheryl McDonald, Princeton.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:13 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jesse Liggett, 28, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:35 p.m. Monday, 100 block of East Third Street, Christopher Longfellow, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery and violating a no stalking order.
• 1 a.m. Tuesday, 200 block of South Main Street, Matthew Hays, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and a Douglas County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:35 p.m. Tuesday, 4500 Meadow Lane, a 48-yer-old Wellsville woman reported her ex-spouse violated a protection order.
• 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, Eisenhower and Sand Creek roads, a 52-year-old Vassar man reported someone stole several pieces of “pro-sound equipment” and “two compound bows” from his storage unit. Estimated loss was $3,050.
• 6:34 p.m. Tuesday, 4400 block of Arkansas Road, a 28-year-old Pomona woman reported someone used her financial card number to purchase two cell phones online without her consent. Loss was $1,222.
• 4:18 p.m. Tuesday, Vermont Road and K-68, a 2004 Ford Mustang driven by Gracie Castleberry, 59, Rantoul, was westbound on K-68 when it began to turn south onto Vermont Road and was struck by a 2008 GMC Sierra driven by Julio Navarro, 24, Wichita, which also was westbound on K-68, behind Castleberry’s vehicle.
Police Department News
• 8:44 a.m. Tuesday, Boots/Spurs child care, 1250 Commercial Road, a 36-year-old Pomona woman reported a 5-year-old child was battered by a known 36-year-old Ottawa woman, according to a police report.
• 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa woman reported having been threatened and battered by a known suspect.
• 5:21 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Erin Lee, 30, Ottawa, struck the back of a vehicle driven by John Madrid, 50, Ottawa.
• 5:34 p.m. Monday, 400 block of East Fourth Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown vehicle struck a travel trailer.
• 11:14 a.m. Tuesday, East Wilson and North Poplar streets, a vehicle driven by Ryan Hamic, 20, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Sara Kendall, 26, Ottawa. Hamic was cited for following too closely.
• 5:32 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of East Fourth Street, an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck a legally parked vehicle owned by Delores French, 85, Ottawa.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 300 block of Walnut Street, theft; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Pendleton Court, noise complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:16 p.m. Tuesday, 623 S. Cherry St., smoke detector activation, no fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, 202 N. McGinnis Ave., Cutler firefighters investigated a gas smell.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls.