Daily Report for Oct. 7, 2013
• Saturday: Ernestine Ledom, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Donna Curry, Ottawa; Lee Moody, Ottawa.
• Friday: Vivian Werntz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:04 p.m. Friday, 800 block of East 11th Street, Natalie Hankins, 27, Pomona, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:01 p.m. Friday, East Main Street and North McGinnis Avenue, Joel Duncan, 20, La Cygne, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and driving while suspended after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:23 a.m. Saturday, K-68 and Indiana Road, David Stout, 41, Lawrence, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:49 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Cedar Street, Jesse T. Lindsey, 36, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 12:33 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of North Locust Street, Kathryn Heathman, 34, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants, one Delaware warrant and one Oklahoma warrant.
• 8:55 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Elm Street, Dalton Laird, 20, Emporia, on suspicion of possession of marijuana after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 10:37 p.m. Saturday, 2600 block of I-35, Robert Coughenour III, 26, Lawrence, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and transporting an open container of alcohol after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 12:08 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of K-68, Isaac Cook, 21, Topeka, on suspicion of driving with a suspended driver’s license after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:38 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Ash Street, Kirk Chapman Jr., 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 11:05 p.m. Sunday, 2600 block of I-35, Jesus Alberto Soto-Montoya, 26, Shawnee, on suspicion of driving while a habitual violator and obstruction of justice after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:40 a.m. Friday, Central Heights High School, a sheriff’s deputy responded to a call about a possible child abuse at Central Heights High School in which a 16-year-old Lane boy was reported to have been struck in the face by his stepmother for having failing grades at school, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 8:27 a.m. Friday, 4300 block of Shawnee Road, a 35-year-old Wellsville woman reported an unknown suspect stole multiple items from a barn. Estimated loss was $5,858.
• 7:08 p.m. Friday, 3300 block of Colorado Road, a 53-year-old Pomona man reported someone had stolen an air conditioning unit from a residence. Estimated loss was $3,800.
• 5:46 p.m. Friday, K-68 and Tennessee Road, a 1997 Ford Explorer driven by Samantha Wagner, 18, Paola, was eastbound on K-68 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 2:23 p.m. Friday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making bizarre comments, according to a police report.
• 3:06 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Cedar Street, an 18-year-old Marshall, Texas, woman reported she was battered by her 18-year-old Marshall, Texas, boyfriend. The incident is under investigation, according to a police report.
• 6:45 a.m. Saturday, Logan Street 66, 304 E. Logan St., a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole fuel.
• 11:45 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of South Pine Street, a 66-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked vehicle and stole items.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 700 block of Main Street, two public assists; 200 block of Edgewood, information report; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 200 block of Prairie Lane, noise complaint; 200 block of Downey Street, noise complaint.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, fire alarm; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment.
• Sunday: I-35, milepost 198, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:46 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Eisenhower Avenue, unauthorized burning.
• 10:31 p.m. Friday, 922 N. Cedar St., firefighters responded to a camper fire.
• 5:17 p.m. Saturday, 203 E. 27th St., firefighters investigated a propane tank leak.
• 7:42 p.m. Saturday, 743 S. Main St., unauthorized burning.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Friday through Sunday.