Daily Report for Oct. 21, 2013
• Friday: Ferna Louden, Princeton.
• Sunday: Miles Floyd, Ottawa; Samantha Leeman, Baldwin City; Emma Stottlemire, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Sheri Geschke, Ottawa
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 5:08 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Perry Short, 53, Ottawa, on two Franklin County civil warrants.
• 6:05 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jeremy Waters, 34, Paola, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:18 a.m. Friday, 700 block of West Second Street, Andy Eneihen, 31, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:08 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Main Street, Cole Farrar, 24, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 12:39 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of North Locust Street, Aaron Massengale, 21, Ottawa, and Cody Mason, 21, Ottawa, both on suspicion of transporting an open container after the vehicle they were in was stopped for a traffic violation.
• 1:32 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Willow Street, Kianna Green, 18, Pomona, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and underage consumption and Steven Lawson, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of transporting an open container after the vehicle they were in was stopped for a traffic violation.
• 5 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, Perry Short, 53, Ottawa, on two Franklin County warrants and one City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:29 p.m. Sunday, 4300 block of Rock Creek Road, a 2001 Ford Escape driven by Monica McDougal, 19, Osawatomie, was westbound in the 4300 block of Rock Creek Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 11 a.m. Friday, Short Stop, 1621 S. Main St., a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported a subject stole fuel.
• 8:49 p.m. Friday, 100 block of South Main Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported a known 16-year-old Ottawa boy stole money.
• Friday, no time or address given, a 67-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole narcotics from his home.
• 6:01 a.m. Monday, 800 block of South Poplar Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole his vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 200 block of Prairie Street, criminal use of a financial card; 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 300 block of Pine Street, noise complaint; 500 block of Main Street, civil matter.
• Sunday: 200 block of Locust Street, battery.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:09 p.m. Saturday, 2158 Kingman Terrace, Ottawa firefighters assisted Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters with putting out a silo fire.
• 5:20 p.m. Saturday, West Seventh and South Ash streets, firefighters extinguished a small amount of trash burning inside of a storm drain. No damage occurred, according to a fire department report.
• 1:26 p.m. Sunday, 320 N. Locust St., firefighters responded to the scene of a motor vehicle wreck.
• 7:07 p.m. Sunday, 617 S. Cedar St., firefighters investigated a report of an odor inside a residence. A slight odor was detected but the source was undetermined, according to a fire department report.
• Firefighters assisted with 14 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 4:11 p.m. Saturday, 1445 U.S. 59, Ohio firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Friday through Sunday.