Daily Report for Oct. 25, 2013
• Thursday: Rachael Currant, Ottawa; Karen Fiebiger, Osage City.
• Wednesday: Sherilyn Eichman, Garnett; Samantha Leeman, Baldwin City.
• Thursday: Ferna Louden, Princeton; Emma Stottlemire, Ottawa.
• Baby girl, 7 pounds, 5 ounces, to Rachael Currant, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:56 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of Tyler Street, Miles McWhorter, 29, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 6:09 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, Angela Cain-Arnett, 43, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:26 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Maple Street, Kenneth Jackson, 44, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 9:20 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of North Davis Avenue, Courtney Austin, 31, Lawrence, on a Leavenworth County warrant.
• 11:45 a.m. Thursday, 1400 block of South Cedar Street, Robin Heenan, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while her license was suspended and no proof of liability insurance.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:06 p.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., a 26-year-old Quenemo woman reported someone drove off without paying for fuel. Estimated loss was $70.03.
• 3:51 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of Hayes Street, a 72-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect stole a bicycle valued at $100 from his garage.
• 11:34 p.m. Wednesday, Florida Road and K-68, Derrek Alterman, 19, and Austin Gilbert, 20, both of Pomona, escaped injury when the vehicle they were riding in lost traction on loose gravel, left Florida Road and rolled into a field south of the K-68 and Florida Road intersection, according to a sheriff’s report,
Police Department News
• 8:50 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of East Logan Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole multiple items from his storage shed.
• 8:39 a.m. Thursday, 2200 block of South Elm Street, a 92-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole money from her.
• 6:46 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of South Hickory Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of a motorcycle from his residence.
• 5:52 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Erika Bond, 16, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Angela Cain-Arnett, 43, Pomona. Bond was cited for disobeying a traffic signal. Cain-Arnett was cited and released on a notice to appear in court for driving while suspended.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday, 700 block of Main Street, two public assists; 700 block of Main Street, assist outside agency; 500 block of Main Street, unsecured building; 200 block of East Seventh Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, criminal use of a financial card; 300 block of Walnut Street, noise complaint; 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:29 p.m. Wednesday, 1025 N. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Thursday.