Daily Report for Dec. 4, 2013
• Monday: Carol Bellinger, Rantoul.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 3:15 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of South Ash Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:03 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of South Sycamore Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was restrained and battered by Zachary Anthony Vogeler, 20, Ottawa, who fled the scene when officers arrived but was later arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest/obstruction, domestic battery and criminal restraint in connection with the incident, according to a police report and arrest records.
• 3:22 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Rettie Doan, 66, Spring Hill, on suspicion of theft.
• 9:31 p.m. Tuesday, Blackhawk and North Oak streets, Melissa Naumann, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended and no insurance.
• 9:31 p.m. Tuesday, Blackhawk and North Oak streets, Benjamin Mastel, 33, Ottawa, on an Anderson County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:05 p.m. Tuesday, 4300 block of Douglas Road, a 68-year-old Lane woman reported some items were taken from her property overnight. Estimated loss was $600.
• 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Ellis Terrace, a 61-year-old Princeton man reported an unknown suspect stole two chainsaws from his property. Estimated loss was $750.
Police Department News
• 3:33 p.m. Monday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, a 58-year-old Princeton woman reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck her vehicle and left the scene.
• 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 57-year-old Lawrence man reported a vehicle struck his vehicle and then left the scene.
• 5:19 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Walnut Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered and items were damaged by a known 37-year-old Ottawa man.
• 8:16 a.m. Monday, 2300 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Rachel Werth, 19, Olathe, went off the highway while the vehicle was merging and damaged the tires.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Maple Street, medical call; 100 block of Locust Street, medical call; 300 block of Maple Street, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 900 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 500 block of Main Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, assist outside agency; 400 block of Locust Street, assist the public.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 5:07 p.m. Nov. 28, Old U.S. 59 and Stafford Road, Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to 18 medical calls Nov. 22 through Tuesday.