Daily Report for Dec. 6, 2013
• Tuesday: Harold Leitnaker, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Carol Bellinger, Rantoul.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 4:43 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Eric Chapman, 27, Pomona, on suspicion of battery and violating a protection from abuse order.
• 1:13 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of East 23rd Street, Anthony Benjamin, 28, Colony, on a City of Garnett warrant and an Osage County warrant.
Police Department News
• 5:54 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of West Third Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa woman reported her door had been damaged by a known suspect.
• 9:23 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of South Ash Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked car and stole an item.
• 3:21 p.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Eisenhower Avenue, a vehicle driven by Harley Smith, 19, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Carol Suther, 79, Williamsburg, when it failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign. Suther was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: I-35, milepost 200, assist outside agency; 100 block of Locust Street, medical call; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 12:24 p.m. Wednesday, 2532 I-35, milepost 181, firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire.
• 7:53 a.m. Thursday, 800 S. Main St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 12:22 p.m. Wednesday, 2532 I-35, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.