Daily Report for Dec. 9, 2013
• Friday: Catherine Wray, Pomona.
• Saturday: Catherine Wray, Pomona.
• Friday: Catherine Wray and baby girl, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 5:41 p.m. Friday, 700 block of East Fourth Street, Jonathan Slocum, 48, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery, on a City of Ottawa warrant and on an Osage County warrant.
• Friday, no time given, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shawn Shutts, 35, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:23 a.m. Sunday, 2500 block of Eisenhower Road, Robert Person, 43, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, transporting an open container and trafficking contraband into a correctional facility.
Police Department News
• 11:10 a.m. Friday, Knights Inn, 1641 S. Main St., a 63-year-old Ottawa man was found dead in his room from what appeared to be natural causes, according to a police report.
• 6:24 a.m. Saturday, 400 block of Walnut Street, an unoccupied vehicle was found fully engulfed in flames, which damaged a nearby fence, according to a police report. The case remains under investigation.
• 3:53 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, two Ottawa boys, ages 5 and 2, were taken into protective custody because of inadequate parental care, according to a police report.
• 3:55 a.m. Sunday, Canterbury Drive, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 32-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 4:39 a.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Amelia Romine, 32, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:13 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Maple Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa woman was transported for medical treatment after attempting to harm herself.
• 7:39 a.m. Friday, Casey’s General Store, 1019 W. Seventh St., a 28-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect drove off without paying for their gasoline.
• 7:39 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a Walmart representative reported a past theft of items.
• 9:52 a.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 45-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item from the store.
• 4:31 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of North Spruce Street, a 73-year-old Ottawa man reported a theft by an unknown suspect.
• 4:37 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of North Davis Avenue, an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck a utility pole owned by the City of Ottawa.
• 5:09 p.m. Sunday, 2600 block of I-35, a tractor-trailer driven by Alex William Robert, 55, Payson, Utah, and a vehicle driven by David K. Strawder, 53, Ottawa, collided after both vehicles lost control because of icy conditions, according to a police report.
• 11 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of South Main Street, an unknown vehicle left the roadway and damaged a signal control box.
• 5:12 a.m. Monday, 2600 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Dan Roll, 60, Richmond, veered off the road and struck a guard rail when Roll lost control of the vehicle in icy conditions. Then a vehicle driven by Larry Blades, 58, Princeton, struck Roll’s disabled vehicle, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 100 block of Maple Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, special assignment.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment.
• Sunday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; I-35, milepost 198, three assists to outside agencies; K-33 and Poplar Street, medical call; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:07 p.m. Friday, 536 S. Poplar St., carbon monoxide incident.
• 4:02 p.m. Friday, 729 S. Beech St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 6:26 a.m. Saturday, 211 W. Fifth St., passenger vehicle fire.
• 6:23 p.m. Saturday, 129 S. Main St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 10:41 a.m. Sunday, 1005 S. Main St., carbon monoxide detector activated.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Saturday and Sunday.