Daily Report for Dec. 11, 2013
• Monday: Rachel Rhodes, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Warner Gifford, Ottawa; Douglas Smith, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Rachel Rhodes, Ottawa.
• Monday: Rachel Rhodes, baby boy, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 11:16 a.m. Monday, 2500 block of East Logan Street, Melissa Naumann, 23, Shawnee, on suspicion of possession of opiates, possession of prescription-only drugs, possession of paraphernalia, no insurance and driving while suspended.
• 3:58 p.m. Monday, 300 block of East Fourth Street, Jason West, 40, Ottawa, and a 15-year-old Ottawa boy were arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery against each other, according to a police report.
• 6:55 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of East Ninth Street, Christopher Scherer, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 23-year-old Quenemo woman. Scherer also was arrested on a Lyon County warrant.
• 12:05 a.m. Wednesday, 15th and Ash streets, Nathan Scott, 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, minor in consumption of alcohol, no insurance and disobeying a stop sign. Thomas Kelley, 19, Ottawa, also was arrested on suspicion of minor in consumption of alcohol.
Police Department News
• 9:58 a.m. Monday, Ottawa Middle School, 1230 S. Ash St., a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone entered her daughter’s locker and stole her property.
• 8:19 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of South Maple Street, Linda Younkin, 59, Ottawa, reported an unknown vehicle struck her vehicle and then left the scene.
• 4:45 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Oak Street, a vehicle owned by Russell Anderson, 19, Ottawa, was left unattended and rolled downhill, striking a home owned by Kathleen Martin, 40, Ottawa. Anderson was cited with unattended motor vehicle.
• 5:38 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Walnut Street, a vehicle driven by Mary Bacon, 64, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Jason Berve, 25, Ottawa. Bacon was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 500 block of East Fourth Street, civil matter; 100 block of Walnut Street, animal complaint; 100 block of Walnut Street, animal complaint; 800 block of North Elm Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:41 p.m. Monday, 424 S. Maple St., firefighters responded to a natural gas leak.
• 5:13 p.m. Monday, 415 E. Dundee St., sprinkler activation. No fire reported.
• 4:49 a.m. Tuesday, 103 John Brown Road, firefighters assisted Williamsburg firefighters who were battling a building fire in Williamsburg.
• 7:56 a.m. Tuesday, 720 S. Tremont St., alarm system sounded. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 5:09 a.m. Monday, 4819 Georgia Terrace, Centropolis firefighters responded to a report of a gas smell.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Monday.