Daily Report Dec. 21, 2013
• Monday: Brittany Bowers, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Dorothy Fitzgerald, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Brittany Bowers, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Fannie Ainsworth, Ottawa; Marisella Oviedo, Ottawa.
• Monday: Brittany Bowers, baby boy, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 2:27 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Mark Baber, 31, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:47 p.m. Wednesday, 4200 block of Arkansas Road, Michael Mains, 39, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:35 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of West Fourth Street, Mark Baber, 31, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of East Tecumseh Street, James Lee, 44, Overbrook, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, transporting an open container and on a Leavenworth County warrant after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 5:27 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of East 27th Street, Shawn Morris, 42, Topeka, on suspicion of driving while suspended, on a Shawnee County warrant and on a Wabaunsee County warrant after being stopped for suspicious activity.
• 4:04 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Locust Street, Christopher Longfellow, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protection from abuse order and stalking.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:22 a.m. Wednesday, John Brown and Idaho roads, a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 truck driven by Joshua Wilson, 38, Ottawa, was westbound on John Brown Road when it struck a deer.
• 4:41 p.m. Wednesday, Eisenhower and Kingman roads, a 2005 Dodge Durango driven by Thomas Reyes, 31, Ottawa, was westbound on Kingman Road when he attempted to turn north onto Eisenhower Road and was unable to stop for the intersection, according to a sheriff’s report. The truck slid into the west ditch and rolled over onto its top. Reyes was not injured, the report said.
• 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, 4500 block of U.S. 59, a 2005 Nissan 350Z driven by Dylan Frack, 27, Pomona, was southbound in the 4500 block of U.S. 59 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 12:55 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of South Main Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm himself.
• 5:07 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of West 17th Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported the attempted theft of a vehicle.
• 12:49 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by James Taylor, 19, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Loretta Bomberger, 84, Greeley. Taylor was cited for failure to yield at a stop light.
• 9:06 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of Willow Street, Betty Wilson, 64, Ottawa, was cited for failing to report an accident.
• 7:21 a.m. Thursday, 1200 block of South Ash Street, a vehicle driven by Wade Gragg, 15, Ottawa, struck a legally parked vehicle owned by Billie Jo Weidner, 42, Ottawa. Gragg was cited for inattentive driving.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 600 block of Maple Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Walnut Street, violation of protective order.
• Thursday: 200 block of Ash Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Locust Street, private property non-injury accident; I-35 at milepost 197, assist outside agency; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of East Third Street, unattended death.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:12 a.m. Thursday, 3 Rockwood Drive, authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 6:54 p.m. Thursday, 4600 block of Old U.S. 59, Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to three medical calls Wednesday.