Daily Report for May 5, 2014
• Friday: Jacquelyn Smith, Ottawa; Barbara Wohletz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 12:33 a.m. Saturday, 500 block of West 15th Street, Rachel Currant, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 21-year-old Missouri man.
• Saturday, no time given, 900 block of South Sycamore Street, Donald Young, 41, Ottawa, on a City of Osawatomie warrant.
• 10:29 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of North Main Street, Robert Reed, 37, on suspicion of fleeing and eluding officers, possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and reckless driving.
• 10:29 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of South Main Street, Shane Kloog, 27, Gardner, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia when he was contacted on a welfare check.
• 2:36 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of South Main Street, Alana Hibbs, 31, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:51 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of South Hickory Street, a 15-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for assault, disorderly conduct, obstruction, and minor in possession of tobacco.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:51 a.m. Sunday, John Brown and Eisenhower roads, a 2004 Dodge truck driven by Terrance Davis, 49, Williamsburg, struck a deer. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 5:35 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 63-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject damaged his vehicle.
• Saturday, no time given, 300 block of South Locust Street, a 75-year-old Ottawa man was found dead in his home from natural causes.
• 10:18 p.m. Saturday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported possible abuse of her 2-year-old infant. The case is under investigation.
• 12:40 p.m. Friday, 500 block of South Main Street, a 78-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item from her residence.
• 11:26 a.m. Friday, 600 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by John Swallow, 83, Ottawa, was backing out of a driveway and struck a vehicle driven by Martha Keller, 73, Ottawa. No one was injured, according to a police report.
• 11:49 a.m. Friday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, Sheila Early, 63, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect struck her vehicle and then left the scene.
• 9:08 p.m. Friday, 200 block of East First Street, a 2000 Ford driven by Dean Williams, 30, Ottawa, was traveling west on First Street when it was struck by a 1995 Toyota driven by Steven Myers, 58, Ottawa. Myers was cited for failure to stop at stop sign.
• 9:38 a.m. Saturday, 15th and South Cedar streets, a vehicle driven by Teresa Trout, 45, Baldwin City, pulled out in front of a vehicle driven by Justyne Wilson, 24, Ottawa. Trout was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign, and Wilson was cited for inattentive driving.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 600 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 600 block of East Ninth Street, traffic complaint; 900 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 300 block of Walnut Street, juvenile complaint; 200 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 300 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call.
• Sunday: K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:12 a.m. Friday, 323 S. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:20 a.m. Saturday, 808 S. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:24 p.m. Saturday, 815 S. Pecan St., unauthorized burning.
• 7:22 a.m. Sunday, 615 Willow Lane, authorized controlled burning.
• 7:42 a.m. Sunday, 1214 S. Lincoln St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:43 a.m. Sunday, 720 S. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:50 a.m. Sunday, 808 S. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Sunday.